Caeiago Horse Riding Centre
Our horse riding trips – The Pub Ride
This is one of our favourite horse riding trips. For obvious reasons! We begin by riding down through the village of Ffarmers. Then over the Cothi Valley via forestry tracks and grassy lanes reaching the village of Caio. Here is where we stop at the hitching rail behind the Brunant Arms for a more ‘civilised’ lunch break.
After lunch we ride through the edge of the Dolaucothi Roman Gold mines and then head towards home along a lower part of the Cothi Valley.
Ffarmers is a small village in the parish of Cynwyl Gaeo, to the north of the A482 leading from Llanwrda to Lampeter. The village takes its name from the Farmers’ Arms that was located on the village square. Sadly this has been closed for many years. The village straddles the old Roman Road – Sarn Helen. This was also an important location for the drovers driving cattle from Ceredigion to the markets of England. The Drovers’ Arms is still an important meeting place for local people. It has been owned by the community since the mid-nineties.
There are some 50 dwellings within the village boundary. Also numerous farms and private dwellings in the surrounding district. The village still retains it’s school – Ysgol Carreg Hirfaen. This is part of a community school structure with 2 neighbouring villages. The village hal, Neuadd Bro Fana, was opened in 1931. It has a concert hall, snooker room, IT centre, together with a playing field/recreation area for local residents.
Ffarmers is located in the area locally known as Cwm Twrch. It is near the River Twrch which is the parish boundary between Cynwyl Gaeo and Llanycrwys.
Recent Facebook Posts
No recent Facebook posts to show